Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The SPP

How many of you have heard of the SPP? Those are the abbreviation for Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America. It involves Canada, the United States, and Mexico. The Whitehouse and all those who are involved in it say that its purpose is for the protection of our three countries from terrorism, our prosperity.

Some time ago; while all the debate was, and is still going on concerning our borders to the South of us, and the illegal immigrants crossing our border; I made this statement to some and it was mostly in jest; "Why don't we just take down the fences, remove the borders, and let anyone who wants enter this country?" Like I said, it was mostly in jest, and sarcasm. Then it wasn't long and I heard of this attempt to practically do just that.

I do want to make it clear at the beginning; I am in no way opposed to people coming to our Country to live, and work, and become a citizen of our Nation. It matters not to me whether they be Latino, African, South American, Canadian, Russian, Oriental, etc.. I just think they should come into this Nation with a heart for the Nation, and live according to our culture, our laws, our faith, or at least get along with people of our faith, without trying to steal our rights from us.

We have a major problem with illegal immigration in our Nation. I do not know what the answer is. It is amazing to me the number of people from other nations who so hate our Nation, but yet we have millions who want to come and enjoy the freedom which we offer.

Concerning the SPP; they tell us at the website that they have no plans of becoming one with one economy, one government, etc., but if you ask me it could very well do so when the wrong type of leadership gets into the offices of our President, and the leaders of Canada and Mexico. Go and check this site out, and let me know what you think.

No comments: